Andre Poenitz wrote:
> 
> On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 02:58:56AM -0400, Garst R. Reese wrote:
> > I was sent an ascii file that used Ctrl-M's as paragraph terminators. It
> > looks good in vi, but LyX is ignoring the Ctrl-M's completely. I finally
> > opened the file in Netscape and pasted it to LyX. What does LyX
> > recognize as a text paragraph terminator? Is this a bug? I got the same
> > effect importing as lines or paragraphs.
> 
> The standard line seperator under *nix is Ctrl-J, so I guess Ctrl-M gets
> interpreted as 'simple space'
> 
> You could try to replace the Ctrl-M's by Ctrl-J's by running e.g.
> 
>   tr '\015' '\012' < in.txt > out.txt
> 
> Andre'
> 
> --
> Andr� P�nitz .............................................. [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Thanks Andr�
That should work, but I think LyX should handle the Ctrl-M as well.
The came from exporting a Word file on a Mac.
I could see the Ctrl-M's in less and joe, and tried to replace them with
Enter's, but it just replaced the Ctrl-M with a Ctrl-M :{
The Ctrl=M's were interpreted as nothing (dropped).
Garst


Reply via email to