"Kayvan A. Sylvan" wrote:
>
> On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 11:14:35AM +0200, Dekel Tsur wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 12:42:33AM -0400, Garst R. Reese wrote:
> > > Andre Poenitz wrote:
> > > >
> > > > On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 08:02:33AM -0400, Garst R. Reese wrote:
> > > > > Given the redunancy in table parameters, on the fly compression would
> > > > > save more space.
> > > >
> > > > Good idea actually.
> > > >
> > > I suggested this before, and I think either Lars or Jug was looking into
> > > it.
> > > I have gzipped lyx files 13% the size of the original (lots of tables).
> >
> > In my opinion, we should change the file format rather than trying to hide
> > its bloat by compressing the lyx file.
>
> I agree with Dekel.
I did not suggest _hiding_ anything, or that fixing the tabluar format
was not a good idea. Seems pretty orthogonal to me.
Garst