John Levon wrote:
> 
> On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 03:15:05PM +0100, Andre Poenitz wrote:
> 
> > Ah.  So 'Save as...' and 'Save under a different name' would be ok even
> > if the pop up the same dialog?  This was not clear to me.
> 
> No, Garst is mistaken. Whilst the use of the ellipsis may have had its
> roots in such a thing, it does not apply in the same manner.
> 
Hmm, I would have thought that good GUI would obey accepted language
usage
(e.g. The Chicago Manual of Style), wherein the ellipsis would mean
either:
I can't complete this sentence without your help.
or:
I'm leaving stuff unsaid here for the sake of brevity.

f.ex. in File->Export->Custom...
I would put the ellipsis at the end of the heading above the popup
Send document to command...
instead of after Custom .

I really don't see the point of ...'s after Layout->Document... etc.

Garst

Reply via email to