Even some of the premium pay sites pass the same stories off as "insider news".  I can understand posting the articles from the sports information office - but trying to pass them off as "insider news"?  The premium pay sites are looking more and more like the free sites.   But I digress once again ...

I have an idea - why don't you refund to this guy - three times what he paid for this free service?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [gatortalk] Re: For Randy & Jerry B. in Regards to Daily
Gainesville Sun Posts
From: John Vega <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, September 02, 2008 11:46 am
To: Gatortalk@googlegroups.com

On Sep 2, 2008, at 11:27 AM, Oliver Barry wrote:

I brag to all my Tennessee friends constantly that I get the news about the Gators from every periodical in the state of Florida.

I, for one, do not mind getting duplicates.  As for the two who complained, I would suggest you volunteer, get a life and shut up about others who are volunteering their time free of charge to do this.

If the news isn't coming to you quickly enough or without duplicates UNSUBSCRIBE!  That way you can have everything your way.  One question, why are you so stupid?

I'm not even sure that they are duplicates.

Frequently, an AP report is run by multiple newspapers, with the local paper changing a sentence here or there or adding photos.

I think that it would be an impossible task to expect anyone to read all other posts from a gameday weekend (100+) to make certain that none are substantially similar to articles posted from another paper.

Now add in the, the vagaries of servers  being what they are, the first time a similar article is posted does not mean that it will land in our mailboxes first.

I think the word that we are looking for that describes someone who would complain about these things is "ingrate."

-Zeb

1996 National Football Champions   |   2006 National Basketball Champions
2006 National Football Champions   |   2007 National Basketball Champions
Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us