Lol  thats funny.  My dad gets a kick out of whenevr i am down in fla and there
are (rarely) any gator stuff on the clearance rack and its mostly FSU stuff.

Woody (via wireless)

-----Original Message-----
From: "Gatornet Admin" <gator...@comcast.net>
To: "GatorTalk" <gatortalk@googlegroups.com>
Sent: 12/21/2008 11:03 AM
Subject: [gatortalk] Closet Vols

Just wanted to share a humorous story with every one this morning...

This past Friday evening, my wife and I were shopping at our local Kohl's and
she noticed that ALL of the Tennessee Vol's stuff (shirts, sweatshirts,
jackets, etc) were on clearance for 50% off, so thinking it odd, she asked me
about it.

I told her that apparently the store had overstocked for Christmas, but because
the majority of the vol fans went "in the closet" and came out as Titan fans,
now the store is stuck with all that ugly, pale orange stuff.

Anyway, our pastor was preaching this morning and he was talking about how
different people can find a mutual platform of respect. He mentioned one of the
men in the church who is a die-hard Penn State fan, but instead of mentioning
Penn State, he identified him as a Pittsburg Steelers' fan. Then, he referred
to himself as a TENNESSEE TITAN FAN, and said that there was still common
ground, blah, blah, blah...

Now, you've got to know my pastor to fully appreciate that, because he BLEEDS
ORANGE and WHITE! He is such a rabid vol fan that he gets depressed when they
lose! He agonized over Fulmer's firing almost to the point of comparing it to a
relative's death! To refer to himself as ANYTHING other than a vol is shocking!

Well, after church I went up to him and thanked him for confirmation. He asked
what did he confirm for me? I related the story about Kohl's clearance sale and
how I said all of the vol fans went "into a closet" and came out as Titan fans.
He was SPEECHLESS! He had this guilty smile on his face, his mouth was moving,
but nothing was coming out! It was priceless! ;-)

Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us