He was pretty tough.  Trouble was, he learned to wait until the last
possible moment to throw when the long runner got open.  Pretty
effective at Florida with a decent line, nearly fatal at N.O.

 

 

Oliver Barry, CRS, GRI

Real Estate Broker

Halo Realty, LLC

700 E. Main St.

Hendersonville TN 37075

[email protected]

office: 615-822-3509

fax: 615-822-7741

mobile: 615-972-4239

________________________________

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On
Behalf Of Gatornet Admin
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 10:44 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [gatortalk] Re: [gatornews] Here are your two choices: Tebow:
College football legend with possibly no NFL future. Stafford: College
football star (but well short of legend) with a certain NFL future--
Atlanta Journal-Constitution

 

Danny's problem was he had no protection from the o-line and he wasn't
tough enough to tuck it and run when the pocket collapsed.

Randy Lyons
Sent wirelessly 

________________________________

From: Oliver Barry <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 11:34 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [gatortalk] Re: [gatornews] Here are your two choices: Tebow:
College football legend with possibly no NFL future. Stafford: College
football star (but well short of legend) with a certain NFL future--
Atlanta Journal-Constitution

I think some team could pick up Tebow, build their offense around him
and be successful.  

Some other team could pick him up, make him try to be a pocket passer
and fail miserably.  I hope he goes to New England.  Beliz, Belic,
Bilic, Bill would be the first type of team.

I think Danny would have been more successful if he'd been put in a
better system than New Orleans.

 

 

Oliver Barry, CRS, GRI

Real Estate Broker

Halo Realty, LLC

700 E. Main St.

Hendersonville TN 37075

[email protected]

office: 615-822-3509

fax: 615-822-7741

mobile: 615-972-4239

________________________________

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On
Behalf Of Gatornet Admin
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 6:56 AM
To: GatorTalk
Subject: [gatortalk] Re: [gatornews] Here are your two choices: Tebow:
College football legend with possibly no NFL future. Stafford: College
football star (but well short of legend) with a certain NFL future--
Atlanta Journal-Constitution

 

Ok, I'll bite.

 

First of all, I am NOT in the camp that doubts Tebow's worth at the next
level. Although I loved Danny, I DID have doubts about his success in
the NFL, but I FIRMLY believe that Tim will surprise a LOT of people and
be an NFL star.

 

He has another year to convince the naysayers he's the real deal, but in
any case, I'll go on record as predicting Tebow gets the NFL "Rookie of
the Year" award in 2011.

 

Randy

 

        ----- Original Message ----- 

        From: [email protected] 

        To: [email protected] 

        Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2009 10:47 PM

        Subject: [gatornews] Here are your two choices: Tebow: College
football legend with possibly no NFL future. Stafford: College football
star (but well short of legend) with a certain NFL future-- Atlanta
Journal-Constitution

         

        Don't know if anyone posted this, but it is thought provoking.

        Fran

        ---  --  

        Tuesday Countdown- - The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

        By Jeff Schultz
<http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/schultz/entries/2009/
01/13/%09/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/schultz/entries/2009/01/13/tues
day_countdown_derek_lowes.html#postcomment>  | Tuesday, January 13,
2009, 11:27 AM 

        The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

        7: I was going to do a column on this last week. Unfortunately I
was interrupted by the Braves' ejection of John Smoltz. So now I'll now
just throw it out into the blogosphere. Who would you rather be: Tim
Tebow or Matthew Stafford? Because I've polled about 10 people and the
results might surprise you.

        6: Here are your two choices: Tebow: College football legend
with possibly no NFL future. Stafford: College football star (but well
short of legend) with a certain NFL future and a $70 million contract.
Stumped? Here's a little more to make you think. Tebow: Heisman Trophy
winner (with possibly another to come), two national championships (with
possibly another to come), two SEC titles (with possibly another to
come) and universal admiration. Also, an endless supply of hot-and-cold
running blondes. Stafford: No trophies and no titles but a bunch of wins
and a nice bag of stats and significant but not universal adoration.
Also, an endless supply of hot-and-cold running blondes (that seems to
be their common trait). This really is not meant to be a knock on
Stafford. I'm just asking: Would a $70 million contract (at least $35
million guaranteed) be enough to make you forget about all of that other
stuff? Because for me it would. But ...

        5: Asked my wife. Asked several friends. Asked Mike Bobo, the
Georgia quarterbacks coach. "I'd rather be Tebow," he said. "But that's
probably because I knew I didn't have the talent to play in the NFL. I
think it depends where you grow up. I grew up in Georgia and playing
college football was my dream. Matthew grew up in Texas, and his dream
has always been the NFL." All but two people said they would rather be
Tebow. I asked my wife about the money. Her response, alluding to Tebow:
"He'll find a job." Your thoughts

         

         

        <BR








--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
GATORS: ONE VOICE ON SATURDAY - NO VOICE ON SUNDAY!
1996 National Football Champions   |   2006 National Basketball Champions
2006 National Football Champions   |   2007 National Basketball Champions
2008 National Football Champions   |   
Three Heisman Trophy winners: Steve Spurrier (1966), Danny Wuerffel (1996),
Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

<<inline: image002.jpg>>

<<inline: image003.jpg>>

Reply via email to