I am sick of hearing about this.  Richt is stupid for even bringing it up, he is providing his team a built in excuse. 
Yes you have to travel farther, but once you are on the field it is all even.  It takes both teams out of their normal routines, they don't stay in the same gameday hotel as usual, they even have to partake in bowl-like festivities in the middle of the season. 

The excuse I love the most from CMR is that it is cooler in Athens than in Jax and the Gators practice in the hotter weather while the dogs are in the cooler weather.  This is true, on average during the week of prep (Tues-Thurs), Athens is 5 degrees cooler, but we are talking average daytime highs of 71.8 in athens vs. 76.8 in Jax (GNV is 78.6).  That is hardly a monumental difference and would certaintly be considered great weather to play football in most places.  I mean, come on, complain about the weather if you have to go play Michigan or Iowa in November, not Florida!

Ken K.
MNGator

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [gatortalk] FW: [gatornews] AJC's Barnhart on FL-GA
From: "Oliver Barry" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, May 19, 2009 2:59 pm
To: <[email protected]>

This is a great article for many reasons.  I’ve saved what I consider to be the best paragraph. 
And I have highlighted the best 2 sentences in red.  This is one of the few times in my life I’ve considered using red to highlight for obvious reason.
Those are the best victories.  Those where the evil dogs come in to the game with everyone expecting them to win and the Gators beat them! 
I know, they’re all sweet victories and the 40-0 wins have their own special place in my heart.  But, the best ones are where we break their evil little canine hearts when they least expect it. 
Ah, I’m feelin’ so good right now I think I’m going home and kicking the crap out of my dog!  What a satisfying thought.  J
(Disclaimer: no actual animals, living or dead, were harmed in the writing of this email, except for a dog which has no reason to live except to be kicked by its Gator Master)
 
Oliver Barry CRS,GRI
Real Estate Broker
Bob Parks Realty
1517 Hunt Club Blvd
Gallatin TN 37066
Phone: 615-826-4040
Fax: 615-822-2027
Mobile: 615-972-4239
 
 

Why the Georgia-Florida game will stay in JAX

 

In that 19-year stretch Georgia has won three times (1997, 2004, 2007). In the 16 losses I can think of only two times (2002, 2005) where I thought Georgia clearly had the better team and lost. The 2002 loss (20-13) I will never be able to explain. In 2005 (a 14-10 loss) quarterback D.J. Shockley could not play due to an injury. Eight of those 16 Georgia losses were to teams that won the SEC championship. Another loss was to a Florida team (1990) that would have won the SEC championship if not for violations created by the previous staff. Of those nine losses, four were to teams that either won the national championship (1996, 2006, 2008) or played for the national championship (1995).



--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
GATORS: ONE VOICE ON SATURDAY - NO VOICE ON SUNDAY!
1996 National Football Champions   |   2006 National Basketball Champions
2006 National Football Champions   |   2007 National Basketball Champions
2008 National Football Champions   |  
Three Heisman Trophy winners: Steve Spurrier (1966), Danny Wuerffel (1996),
Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to