Ahhh - thanks!

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [gatortalk] Re: question about recruiting 30+ players in one
year
From: Steve McKibben <augiega...@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, June 07, 2009 6:45 pm
To: Gatortalk@googlegroups.com

1996 National Football Champions   |   2006 National Basketball Champions
2006 National Football Champions   |   2007 National Basketball Champions
2008 National Football Champions   |
Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us

There were no limits on how many you can sign, only how many you can put/have on scholarship at a given time.

What some of these schools were doing was signing a lot of borderline academic types - sort of like throwing a lot of "stuff" against the wall to see if any of it sticks.

Typically there were enough non-qualifiers in the bunch that the schools wouldn't exceed the limit of 25 new schollies, and if any of the non-qualified players ended up eventually qualifying after prep school, JUCO, etc. they might still have "love" for the program that "had faith" in them originally.  Provided of course that that program still wanted them.