Cheryl,

    I am glad you joined.  I told you these Gators are very helpful and we
do extend all over the world.  I think I remember someone in Antarctica. How
wonderful it is to be anywhere in the world and get all this Gator
information.

   Anyway, I live in Daytona Beach but have a cabin about 4 miles south of
Melrose and 6 miles northeast of Hawthorne, which is 20 miles east of Mecca.
Funny thing, when the 2000 census person was asking me what my address was
at the cabin, it quickly went through my mind that the mapmakers
(cartographers) have to get their information from somewhere; so I told her
that I lived on Lasseter Lane in Hawthorne, Fl.

  Sure enough, if you "Google" or "Yahoo" and search "Lasseter Lane,
Hawthorne, Fl", it labels the road "Lasseter Ln", which is not a public
road. Now, the last laugh might be on me someday when the County decides
that it is a public road, since it is clearly on all maps, even the hardcopy
ones.

Go Gators,

Fran

  _____