Speaking of The Sovereign, I got a notice via e-mail just the other day,
that Chef Elmo died in a motorcycle accident.  I've never eaten there, but
I'd heard of him before.
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Gatortalk@googlegroups.com [mailto:gatort...@googlegroups.com]on
Behalf Of John Vega
  Sent: Thursday, August 06, 2009 12:03 PM
  To: Gatortalk@googlegroups.com
  Subject: [gatortalk] Re: [gatornews] [SUN]: Florida's Meyer: 'This is it'

  Tuesday night looks like fun.

  I recall the Sovereign doing a completely different menu one night a week.

  IIRC, the chef/owner's wife (Lupé?) was Central or South American, and
that night she cooked traditional fare from her childhood.

  It was always a little trippy to be eating a tortilla, surrounded by the
Soveriegn's country French ambience (and gourmet French winelist).

  -Zeb