From: gatortalk@googlegroups.com [mailto:gatort...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Steve McKibben
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 9:44 AM
To: gatortalk@googlegroups.com
Subject: [gatortalk] Re: is our offense too complex?

If you have  Julio Jones, who is not only a freak of nature, but heads and
shoulders above any of his teammates as a playmaker you tell him to run a
crossing route, or fly pattern, or down and out, and you look for him.
Everyone knows that the ball will be going to him, but knowing it and
stopping it are often two different things. How many TDs did he score
against the Gators in the SECCG?

Heck, in Percy's freshman season he was brought along much the same way, but
as his knowledge of the offense evolved, so did his role in it.

If you want a fully functional offense where the DBs have no idea if the guy
they're lining up across is a primary target, secondary target, decoy, or
blocker, then it helps for the offensive player to know the playbook.