The key is there are 25 diagnostic symptoms they are looking for, not just
how are you feeling.  The medical professionals have been around Tim enough
to know if he is his normal self, regardless (or is that irregardless?) of
his answers.  That combined with observational data on other symptoms will
lead a go, no-go decision.

I think some of what Dr. Cantu said about distinguishing the symptoms of a
concussion from the flu (or upper respitory ailment) are the key.  Tim was
hit square in the chest, which could have knocked the breath out of him,
couple that with getting hit on the back of the head and a mild concussion
might appear to be more severe.  Only time will tell, but I would bet on Tim
playing at LSU.

Two things that bother me about this whole situation, one being Ben Volin of
the Miami Herald who is reporting all kinds of supposition as fact. He has
stated several times that Tebow was out for over 2 minutes, this has not
been confirmed by anyone.  He also has reported that Tebow answered every
question on the sideline "I don't remember", I have watch the TV broadcast
several times and while I am not an expert lip reader, I don't see him
saying that at all.

The other thing is this whole debate over whether he should have been in the
game. If he doesn't get injured are we talking about this at all?  And who
has the margin of lead vs. time left in game chart to show where it is safe
to take out your star player?  Why is no one harping on Mack Brown at Texas
for leaving Colt McCoy in the 3rd quarter with a 50-7 lead?  Simple, because
he didn't get hurt.

The play Tebow got hurt on isn't inherently dangerous to the QB, the QB just
needs to make a quick read.  He either throws the quick slant or rolls right
for a run.  Tim held the ball too long on the slant and that allowed him to
get hit.  It was just a football play with a terrible outcome, but could
have happened in the first quarter of the Troy game or the 3rd quarter of
Kentucky.

Ken K
MNGator

  _____