On Oct 15, 2009, at 5:26 PM, Badrish Davanagere wrote:

> With a run-heavy offense and Tebow averaging 155 passing yards per
> game, the Gators haven't matched the high-flying reputation of the
> last two years when 40 points was a yawn away. In fairness, last
> year's Gators needed five games before an offensive explosion.
>
> If anything, the 2009 Gators resemble the 2006 team that won the
> national title behind defensive prowess.

Well, well, well.

There is such a thing as a Media Guide that UF still publishes.

In 2006, UF scored 416 points. This is the 8th best offensive
performance in the history of UF. Not sure if the bowl game is
included, but this works out to an average of 35 or 32 points per page.

The 2006 UF defense is not in its all-time top 10 in either total
yards or points allowed (it does make an appearance in rushing
defense - 2nd all time).

I think that it would be incorrect - and a bit demeaning to Chris
Leak - to state that our 2006 team won the MNC due to its defense.

-Zeb
Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us