My feeling is this team is playing on the edge.  We have a few players that
are injured, a few more that are playing but not 100%, couple that with
conservative play calling and what I sense as the offense playing 'tight'.
That leads to a 31 point 1st quarter in Kentucky when everything goes right
or to a 10 point win against UT when Tim fumbles late or a near death
experience when we get into the redzone 4 times with zero points to show for
the effort.

In the Arky game, if we don't fumble, we win going away.  Arky had to play
the best game of their lives and we had to play our worst.  Still it took
essentially two defensive breakdowns to keep them in the game.  If we make
one of the 5 missed tackles on the long TD run, or if Janoris doesn't get
caught playing the run (for the 2nd time), the long pass play doesn't
happen.

For everyone who is saying it is okay to play conservative, survive and
advance, that is fine but it leaves no room for error.  This team needs to
learn to trust the younger receivers, play a little looser  and have a
margin for error when we get the best from our opponent.

Having said that, I do think we will turn it around.  Everyone wants to talk
about how great Alabama is, but that USC game was a lot closer than the
final score indicated.  If SOS wasn't so damn stubborn and insisted on
throwing the same fade pattern from the 4, 3 times in a row - that game
might be different as well.

I think we figure it out this week.  Miss St was always known for tough
defense, not sure they have that this year.  Their offense is better, but
they don't have the athletes they need to run the spread effectively against
our defense.  Gators 42 Miss St. 3

Ken K
MNGator

  _____