I think the Hogs O-line was just blocking well on Saturday in the third quarter
when they gained 188 yds on us.
But, yes, generally there are a lot of highlight reel attempts.

From: John Vega <zebu...@gate.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 15:40:54
To: <gatortalk@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [gatortalk] Re: from Bleacher Report: Florida-MSU: 10 numbers that
 spell Gator relief

Trendspotting:

I believe that I am seeing more and more safeties and LBs (not
necessarily our team, but across college football) go for a hard hit
against opposing ballcarriers as opposed to wrapping up for a tackle.

I know that the bit hits get replayed on Sportscenter, but its seems
like an attempt for the flamboyant individual performance that is
detrimental to the team goal. I see several plays every game where a
1st Down or a TD is gained because the first defender tried to "blow
up" the ballcarrier instead of wrapping him up.

Anyone else noticing this?

-Zeb

Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us