  From: Helen Huntley
  To: Gatortalk@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 8:03 PM
  Subject: [gatortalk] Rapper Lil Wayne gives shout out to Lane Kiffin

  Can't imagine why anyone would listen to this, but...

http://en.musicplayon.com/play?v=101910&Lil_Wayne___Banned_From_Tv__No_Ceilings_Album
  Lil Wayne Name Drops Lane Kiffin in Latest Rap Song
  Posted Oct 28, 2009 3:12PM By Clay Travis (RSS feed)

  Filed Under: Tennessee, Media Watch, General CFB Insanity

   Email
   Print
   Share
  Text SizeAAA
  Lane Kiffin's off-field comments have twice earned him reprimands from the
Southeastern Conference this season. But now he's finally getting mad props --
assuming people still give mad props -- thanks to the rapper Lil Wayne. In
Lil's newest track, Banned From TV, the Southern rapper includes this line,
"Smoke weed, talk s--- like Lane Kiffin." Now Lane Kiffin has acknowledged the
endorsement via Twitter, tweeting today, "looking forward to another great
practice today and a huge game Saturday ... also a huge shout-out to Lil Wayne
for boosting our street cred!"

  Yep, two of the South's top gangsters are already in fine form. As for fans?
Well, UT fans, are already talking about, wait for it, the recruiting benefits
of Lil Wayne's lyrical endorsement. Wrote a reader, Alan, this morning in an
e-mail to me, "Should help with recruiting. Especially in South Florida,
Louisiana, Atlanta and Memphis."

  But why stop with recruiting help? Now that he's been bound and gagged by the
SEC, Lane Kiffin should hop on the gangster train and play this for all it's
worth.

  Lil Wayne's past is dotted with controversy, including being arrested three
times for drug-related issues, Wayne now faces sentencing in February on a
weapons charge for which he has already plead guilty. He's expected to serve a
year in prison. Notwithstanding his criminal history, he's also an acknowledged
sports fan, having memorably appeared on ESPN's Around the Horn earlier this
year and debated sports journalists on issues of the day. In a sad day for
sports journalists everywhere, Wayne triumphed.

Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us