On Nov 8, 2009, at 9:10 PM, Rob Alexander wrote:

> This is such wishful thinking… It reminds me of the old adage,
> never attribute to conspiracy that which can be easily explained by
> incompetence. Addazio and Meyer aren’t holding anything back. We
> simply have a new OC who happens to be an offensive line coach and
> who calls plays like one

Perhaps it is also wishful thinking, but it appears to me that Meyer
purposely throttles back once the game is in hand. It's a good
coaching strategy - why try run up the points (and risk
interceptions), when the game is already won?

Against a lesser opponent, he eases up earlier than a dangerous
opponent. Even the playcalling is a little more conservative right
out of the gate. We were plain vanilla against Vandy, and will be
again against FIU. That will make those teams appear better than they
are. So be it.

Without margin of victory in the computer polls, there is less to be
gained by winning big. Call it conservatism, or consider it
sportsmanship, but Meyer knows when his opponent is beat and calls
off the dogs.

-Zeb

Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us