From: gatortalk@googlegroups.com [mailto:gatort...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of John Vega
Sent: Monday, November 09, 2009 1:15 PM
To: Gatortalk@googlegroups.com
Subject: [gatortalk] Total Offense

On Nov 8, 2009, at 1:38 PM, a writer wrote:

Sorry, Meyer, but gaining 375 yards of total offense against Vanderbilt
(2-8, 0-6), while giving up four sacks and scoring just two touchdowns in
four red zone trips is "ho-hum."

Yet, we had 374 total yards in our offensive "explosion" against Georgia a
week ago?

I might be mistaken, but I would wager that we also had more possessions
against Georgia due to the multiple INTs.

Basically, 400 yards or so of offense is exceptional. Anyone who thinks
otherwise needs help.

As was mentioned in this forum, the big difference between this year and
last year is not so much the offense, or the lack of Percy. It is the
defensive scoring and field position. I remember a number of turnovers and
big punt returns that set our team up inside the opponent's 10 yard line.
That as much as anything, led to some of the big scores we put up last year.

I think this stat is remarkable:

Total Offense

375 yards - vs. Vanderbilt

374 yards - vs. Georgia