I'm no Pollyanna, but I want to know what you were expecting for next year
and how do you think that changes now?

At this point, we don't know who the recruits are, we don't know which
juniors leave early and we don't know who will actually be coaching.  It is
way too early to begin writing off the 2010 season.

In my opinion, 2010 will surprise a lot of people.  While our schedule is
more difficult, our talent is still above most.  At this early stage here is
how I see it breaking down:

Sure wins (5): Miami (OH), Kentucky, Mississippi State, Vanderbilt,
Appalachian State

Probable wins (4): USF, Tennessee, South Carolina, SOW

Tough games (2): LSU, Georgia

Probable loss (1): Alabama

So if the sky is falls and the program is in disarray, we are looking at
8-4, more likely scenario is 9-3 or 10-2.

If we hold the recruiting class together, the number of juniors going pro is
limited to Haden, Dunlap, Hernandez and one or both of the Pouncey's, and
the coaching situation is stabilized (either way) I think you can add USF,
Tennessee, USC and SOW into the wins and Georgia into a probable win.

Coach Meyer has built a winning program at UF.  It will continue to thrive
with or without him at the helm.  Adazzio is a very experienced coach who
had some growing pains this year as the head signal caller.  I expect him to
have more confidence and accept greater input from others on the staff this
year so we will see better play calling.

You also have to add in the intangible factor of motivation.  The
underclassmen have been hearing all year - wait till next year when Tebow is
gone.  This off season, you can bet they will be motivated to let everyone
know, the foot is not off the gas pedal.  It is a very important year in the
Gator program, we need to beat UT, LSU, UGA and SOW to let them know that
while Tebow is gone, the Gators are continuing to rise.

Ken K.
MNGator