I attended and the Gator Band was working concessions. We beat Bert's
Arkansas Piggies who were ranked 7th. We were ranked 8th. Last week
9th ranked Oklahoma beat us at OK.

Our freshmen are AWESOME! _Ashanée Dickerson _(Ah-ZHAH-nay) from
Jacksonville won the All-Around and you could see she was overwhelmed
by the crowd response. There were a group of pre-teen girls on the
first row that had to be from her club team. They were doing every
move in perfect time. And they went crazy with signs every time she
was next up.

Marissa King, from England's 2008 Olympic team, had really tight
routines also. Randy Stageberg from Texas did not do the vault, was
ok on the Uneven Bars, but did some really impressive flips on the
Balance Beam and Floor.

Senior Maranda Smith won the Uneven Bars, and was beaming. When they
walked from the Bars to the Beam, she blew a kiss to someone close to
the rail, and we tried to see if it was Moody. No definitive answer.

Amanda Castillo was good, but was not as energized as in prior years.
She and Melanie Sinclair fed off each other's energy in prior years.
The people behind us said that Melanie lost her scholarship over the
pending gun charges, but is attending classes.

Corey Hartung was on the floor, helping move mats, etc. Our friends
said "who is that little Rhonda (Faen)?" I couldn't see who they were
talking about. About 5 minutes later, my husband said "Is that Corey
Hartung?" And it was, with long hair flowing in a black jumpsuit just
like Rhonda's. My husband said "I barely recognize her with the loose
hair and all that weight on her." HA HA. She looked like she might
weigh 90 pounds now.

I will post the official article to GatorNews if it is not already
posted.

BTW, if you meet Mark or Sandy Stinnett, who transferred to Hanford
with CH2M HILL, tell them Gainesville misses them both.