They should totally do this!  What an appropriate way to honor everything he
means to UT football. in fact, what he means to the SEC in general.

Rob

From: gatortalk@googlegroups.com [mailto:gatort...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of John Bowers
Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 4:17 PM
To: gatortalk@googlegroups.com
Subject: [gatortalk] UT fans want to rename sewage plant in Kiffin'f honor

A Knoxville attorney has filed paperwork seeking to rename a local waste
water treatment plant in honor of Lane Kiffin.

Drew McElroy paid $262 and filed an application with the Knoxville City
Council Public Properties and Facilities Naming Committee to rename the
Kuwahee Wastewater Treatment Plant as the Lane Kiffin Sewage Center.

"It dawned on me -- Lane Kiffin told us that he hoped the fans would
understand. I thought, 'Well, naming the wastewater plant for him would let
him know, I think very clearly, we do understand,' " McElroy told WBIR-TV, a
local NBC affiliate. "We want to memorialize his stay here, and I think this
would be doing it appropriately."

According to WBIR, McElroy wrote that he wanted "to honor our recently
departed head coach and raise awareness of the good work done by the
Knoxville Utilities Board."

The committee hasn't set a date for its next meeting, but McElroy said he
intends to follow through.

Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us

Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us