This gives Florida a scholarship problem in the fall.  We will have too many
on scholarship so someone has to go.  I have heard rumors that Nimrod
Tishman was not coming back.  Is that confirmed?

jb

From: gatortalk@googlegroups.com [mailto:gatort...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of oli...@bobparks.com
Sent: Saturday, May 08, 2010 10:13 PM
To: Gator Talk
Subject: [gatortalk] Fw: [gatornews] Florida's Alex Tyus withdraws from NBA
Draft

Yay! I'm glad he's coming back.

From: "John Bowers" <jbowe...@cfl.rr.com>

Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 21:09:58 -0400

To: <gatorn...@googlegroups.com>

Subject: [gatornews] Florida's Alex Tyus withdraws from NBA Draft

Florida's Alex Tyus withdraws from NBA Draft

GAINESVILLE -- Florida will return its entire starting five next season as
forward Alex Tyus has withdrawn from the NBA Draft.

Tyus tested the draft waters without an agent and worked out with the
Portland Trailblazers before deciding on Saturday, the draft deadline, to
return for a senior season.

"When I began this process it was with the intent of gathering information
to see what I needed to work on to one day compete at the next level, and I
believe I have been successful in doing just that," Tyus said in a statement
issued through Florida.

"I have withdrawn my name from the NBA Draft and look forward to completing
my senior year at the University of Florida. We made tremendous strides as a
team a year ago that I look forward to continuing to build upon."

With the 6-foot-8 Tyus, Florida returns its top-five players from last
year's 21-win NCAA Tournament team.

The two-year starter averaged 11.8 points and 6.9 rebounds last season but
wasn't projected as a high draft pick for 2010. Draft analysts such as
ESPN's Chad Ford strongly suggested that Tyus return to school.

Tyus decided in April to work out for the NBA and trained at IMG Academy in
Bradenton until late this week.

Tyus' father, Thomas Tyus, told the Sentinel on Thursday that he recommends
Tyus leave school after being under-utilized by a Florida coaching staff
that insisted on playing him in the post instead of small forward.

"I don't think he has anything to gain by returning to the University of
Florida basketball wise," Thomas said. "I just feel he just has not
developed his full potential.He can go back and get his degree any time."

Alli Cecchini, Tyus' fiancee, says Tyus enjoys playing at Florida and
understands the team needs him to play out of position.

Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us

Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us

Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us