  From: Darlene Goodfellow
  To: titebu...@aol.com
  Cc: Gatortalk@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Monday, May 10, 2010 12:19 PM
  Subject: [gatortalk] Must read post from Donna D

        I hope they find a spot for this kid:

        http://mudlizard.com/swamp/#1807792

        Donna D (128.227.88.5) on 5/10/2010 - 11:12 a.m. says: (68 views)

              "Count your blessings - Brought home to me with a sledge hammer
today."  Include message in reply:

        As you know, I have to be careful what I say and how I say this since
it MIGHT concern recruiting.

        Many, if not all of you know I work for the greatest athletic
department on the planet. I'm not talking about all the championships and
hardware we accumulate on a regular basis, but by the caliber of the people
within the walls of the various 'departments' that make up this wonderful
place.

        My department is in the middle of an audit, so I am dealing with that
stress and thinking how miserable my life is this week!!! Woe is me!!! Enter
Sledge Hammer.....

        About 30 minutes ago, I had a very simply dressed young man, about 17,
(white T and grey sweatpants, both old and not exactly pristine) and his
grandmother (who was about 70 and pushing a shopping cart full of what appeared
to be trash) stop by our office asking directions to a certain sport that is
housed at the other corner of Gale Lemerand Drive from me. You know, the one
that has 7 Saturday games for 90,000 people.

        He said that he was here to speak to a certain individual in the
recruiting office, so I said that I would be more than happy to call upstairs
and let the individual know that this young man was on his way. I asked his
name and he replied, "My name is _________ , but tell him it the 'Homeless
----ball Star.'"

        I smiled and made the call. The person on the other end of the phone
said, "That's great; he made it! I will meet him outside." So, I thanked him,
and turned to the young man and his grandmother and gave the directions again,
and as they were turning to leave, I said, "good luck, Sweetie" and he gave me
the most amazing smile I have ever seen and said, "Thank you; I am blessed."

        They took their shopping cart full of their possessions and starting
heading down toward the south end of my block and all I could do was stand on
our front porch with tears running down my face and a lump the size of Kansas
in my throat. I said 4 prayers in a row for he and his Grandmother as they
slowly made their way down the street in front of the Stadium toward what I
hope will be a life-altering experience for them.

        Count your blessings my friends. No matter how bad things are, there is
a young person, old person, some person out there that has nothing. We are ALL
blessed.

  Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us

Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us

<<smile.gif>>