Subject: [gatornews] [SUN]: 7/20 06:01 --- SEC Top 25: No. 1 Mark
Ingram [Andreu]
From: Shane Ford <go.ufgator...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, July 20, 2010 8:16 am
To: gatorn...@googlegroups.com

SEC Top 25: No. 1  Mark Ingram

Alabama running back Mark Ingram. (The AP)

By Robbie Andreu
Gainesville SUN Staff writer
Published: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 6:01 a.m.
Last Modified: Monday, July 19, 2010 at 11:47 p.m.

No. 1  Mark Ingram
Alabama junior running back
Why he's No. 1: He was the best player in college football last season, becoming the first Alabama player to win the Heisman (and only the second sophomore in history to win the award). His skill set is pretty much unmatched among running backs in the SEC (and nation). He's big, strong, fast and elusive. Last season, 1,075 of his yards came after contact.
Key number: Ingram rushed for an SEC-high 1,658 yards and 20 touchdowns and averaged 6.1 yards a carry last season. He also caught 32 passes for 334 yards. Here's perhaps the most significant number of all: Ingram averaged 156.8 yards rushing against six top 25 teams in 2009. He was his best against the best.
Fun fact: Not only is Ingram one of the most exciting players in college football, he's also one of the most reliable. He touched the ball 303 times last season and lost only one fumble. For a guy who runs as hard (and fast) as he does, it's a remarkable stat.

Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us

Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us