YES

I posted it on Monday AM.  See below:

Emmitt Smith apologizes for forgetting UF in Hall speech

By Arnold Feliciano
Gainesville SUN sports editor
Published: Monday, August 9, 2010 at 8:13 a.m.
Last Modified: Monday, August 9, 2010 at 8:13 a.m.

Those University of Florida fans who were put off Saturday night when Emmitt
Smith did not mention his alma mater during his Pro Football Hall of Fame
induction speech at Canton, Ohio, can rest easy. He didn't mean to overlook his
days as a Gator, Smith said Sunday.

Click to enlarge
Former Dallas Cowboys player Emmitt Smith poses with a bust of himself after
enshrinement in the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio, Saturday, Aug.
7,
2010. (Mark Duncan/ The Associated Press)

The first apology came on Smith's Twitter page Sunday.
"Thx to all for da good wishes about the hall of fame ... need to say a special
hello to my GATOR Nation," Smith tweeted. "I sincerely sincerely apologize for
not mentioning u last night in myhof speech. Gator Nation I jus got caught up
in
everything plz charge it to my mind not my heart!! Once a GATOR always a GATOR
loved everything the U of florida gave me."
Smith again apologized during Sunday night's NBC telecast of the Hall of Fame
game between the Dallas Cowboys and Cincinnati Bengals. Smith said he spoke for
24 minutes, four minutes past the allotted time, without a script Saturday
night.
"I forgot one most important ingredient, my Gator Nation," Smith told veteran
broadcaster Al Michaels. "I sincerely apologize for not recognizing the
University of Florida, Urban Meyer and (UF athletic director) Jeremy Foley and
all the Gator Nation, because the Gator Nation truly helped me get on a
platform
at the collegiate level which led to where I am at right now here in Canton."
Michaels then said, "Apology accepted in Gainesville" while Smith performed the
Gator chomp.
Meyer was among a contingent of Gator boosters and officials who attended the
ceremony Saturday. Meyer invited Smith to stand on the sidelines during the
2006
and 2008 BCS Championship games.
“It's a great day for the Gator Nation,” Meyer said. “I am extremely happy for
Emmitt and his family and it was an honor to be on hand watching Emmitt's
induction.”
Smith, who starred at UF from 1987-89, is one of two Gators enshrined in the
Pro
Football Hall of Fame, joining defensive end Jack Youngblood, who made it in
2001. Smith's induction comes four years after he was inducted into the College
Football Hall of Fame, Gator Football Ring of Honor and the UF Athletic Hall of
Fame.