Didn't one of the articles point out that she was not trying to make a statement, but had grabbed the only hat in her car when it began to rain, and forgot that it was on (or even had a logo on it)?

This seems plausible. How many times has someone asked if anyone has seen their glasses when they are sitting on top of their head?

I've grabbed some pretty silly ponchos during a sudden thunderstorm. Once I even wore garbage bags.

This seems a little like overkill. Didn't SOS once have some funny comments about someone wearing another SEC's apparel to a press conference (don't recall if it was UGa or Ala)?

-Zeb

On Aug 17, 2010, at 1:16 PM, Helen Huntley wrote:

I agree, Bert. The woman is seriously lacking in common sense.

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 12:42 PM, BertThePiggieMan <kickinfamil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Bert?
> Perhaps you can step in and wield your influence.
> ;-)
> Go Gators!!!!
> Ken B. (NYC Gator)

Influence? Me? I dunno about that... I usually just intimidate folks
be standing over them, since I'm so much bigger. But I suspect there
are some linemen there at the U of A who are bigger... :) And of
course, the U of A didn't fire here, her employer did.

Personally, to me, it's pretty straight-forward... If she's employed
by HOG Sports Radio and shows up to a work-related function wearing
attire from what is essentially a competitor, she runs the risk of
getting fired.

I know if I showed up in a customer's office wearing a hat from our
primary competitor, I would find myself unemployed. Makes sense to me.

Now, can she wear that Gator cap elsewhere? Absolutely. Saw someone
with a #15 Gator jersey a week or so ago, at the mall. More power to
them. But not to a press conference for the Arkansas Razorbacks. Not a
smart choice.

2008 National Football Champions | Three Heisman Trophy winners: Steve Spurrier (1966), Danny Wuerffel (1996),
Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us