From: gatortalk@googlegroups.com [mailto:gatort...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Scott Lucas
Sent: Saturday, September 18, 2010 7:33 PM
To: gatortalk@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: [gatortalk] Take off your orange and blue glasses

Are you forgetting all the high and behind passes from brantley? He is going
to get a receiver killed!  What about running demps up the middle?
Terrible!  He goes no where... he is best in space and we are doing a
terrible jobof getting him the ball there.  We don't even thrown down field
with all this supposed speed we have which only allows the defense to stack
the LOS and attack the short routes-- which is all we throw and usually
inaccurately.

Its 2 weeks to bama... we have 8 weeks of work to get better and have a real
chance....  something really special will have to happen to win in
Tuscaloosa, and I have seen ZERO indications that this team has it.

We are playing to our opponent's level so far, but we are NOT alabama
good...

"Jerry Belloit" <bell...@clarion.edu> wrote:

>Scott,
>
>I generally thought the defense played well today.  Will Hill and Jeremy
>Brown both had big plays against them.  Both later atoned somewhat for
>them--Hill big hit for fumble, Brown interception.
>
>Our offense is still not jelling.  I thought we improved a little today.
>Brantley is not making ill-advised throws to date.  Some of his passes are
>too hard.  He needs to learn a little touch on his passes.  Our offensive
>line is still a work in progress.  Nixon was back, but it seemed like
mostly
>at tight end.  He made some good blocks there and missed some.
>
>We had some unfortunate turnovers today.  One was muffed punt that perhaps
>should have had a flag thrown against Tennessee for interfering with the
>kick receiver.  The other one was the poor technique by Demps that led to a
>fumble.
>
>We probably are missing some leadership with Rainey and Hill in trouble and
>Pouncey doubting his snap.  Perhaps some of the freshmen or sophomores need
>to step up and lead.
>
>Jerry

Gator

Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us