As coordinators go,  I agree that he is one of the best. I would have
thought that UF wouldn't have to go for a coordinator though.  We are big
time and it seemed like there were several names on the list that would have
been a better choice (and no, not Stoops, never believed that). He is now
our head coach and I will support him, but I think this is Foley's riskiest
hire to date.

Muschamp not only has to become a head coach with all that entails - hiring
coaches, supervising staff, setting practice and program schedules, booster
circuit, etc., but he also has to win over a suspect fan base.  That is not
an easy task as Florida fans are wont to cannabalize their own if things
don't go right quickly.  And selling the fans will be difficult as he has to
overcome these two issues in particular:

"He was a walk-on at the University of Georgia, where he was a defensive
co-captain his senior season."

"Muschamp was on the same LSU staff with new Florida State coach Jimbo
Fisher and the two are close friends. They own a beach house together in
Florida."

If he can come out and fire everyone up and convince us he is a Gator and
not a Dawg or a SOW sympathizer, then great, but until then  the jury is
out.  I was hoping for that home run hire that everyone would say, great
choice, we didn't get that.

Ken Kirkley
651-249-5197
k...@kirkley.net