I know that many of you are disheartened with Addazio but I think he was a
great coach and a tremendous offensive line coach.  We now know that he was
not only doing his job last year but also doing Coach Meyer's as well.  It
is true that he did not do well as an offensive coordinator, but let me
remind everyone that under Urban Meyer, the entire offensive coaching staff
(including Urban Meyer) did the game planning.  I don't know if Dan Mullen
was a strong enough personality to override the rest of the coaches, or if
some of the other assistant coaches that we lost were more influential than
we realized in offensive game planning.

I am proud of the effort Coach Addazio is doing at Florida.  I wish him the
best.  I still contend that the very best option for Coach Muschamp is to
retain Addazio as the Assistant Head Coach and offensive line coach.  I am
hoping for that outcome.

If Coach Addazio does take a head coaching job elsewhere, we will find out
just how good of a head coach and offensive mind that he has.

Jerry

Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us