Speaking of Jeremy, I heard an interesting rumor the other day. The rumor going
around the Vols is that Jeremy is retiring and that Urban is our next AD. I
told ‘em they’re crazy.

Randy

From: Stephen Manuel
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2011 10:37 AM
To: gatortalk@googlegroups.com
Subject: [gatortalk] Athletic Director Comparisons

I’m of the mindset that Jeremy Foley is one of if not the best AD in the
Country.

Look around at coaching vacancies in college football.

The Michigan AD watches Rich Rod’s 3rd year and watches them get crushed in the
Gator Bowl…Then he lets it leak out that Rich Rod has been fired only to
release a statement saying that’s not true, that he’s still gathering
facts….What facts do you need to know. Rich Rod put Michigan on probation for
NCAA violations, he is 6-18 in Big 10 play, he’s 0-6 against Mich State and
Ohio State their 2 biggest rivals, and he led Michigan to the worst bowl loss
in their history…

He should have been fired immediately after getting back to Ann Arbor.

Foley certainly made a mistake hiring Zook, but fired him in the middle of his
3rd season. Time will tell if Muschamp was a good hire, but the process Foley
used certainly kept everyone off balance and was over quickly.

Take the Pitt AD, he hired a man with an illegitimate child which led him to
being charged with felony domestic violence. Now they are searching again.

UGA’s AD who just arrived on the scene from UF is hanging on to Richt, for what
reason I’m not sure..

I could cite other examples, but let’s not take for granted what we have.

Stephen Manuel

Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us

Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us