Cee,

Good points. BTW, Woody hasn't made me an offer, so do you want to be
AD. I want to be the assistant AD. I like to do my magic in the
background.

Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2011 5:33 PM
To: gatortalk@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [gatortalk] Athletic Director Comparisons

Please watch your language.  The legitimacy or illegitimacy of the child
was NOT what led to the charges of felony domestic violence.  Haywood
would have been charged with domestic violence, no matter what.  It was
merely the fact that he did it in the presence of a child - regardless
of legitimacy or lack thereof - that led to the charge being upgraded to
a felony.

Are you suggesting that Haywood shouldn't have been hired simply because
he had a child with a woman to whom he was not married?  I sure hope
not.  If ADs shouldn't let fathers of children born out of wedlock be
involved in athletic programs, there are going to be a lot of players
who aren't allowed to play.

>From my perspective, there's no such thing as an illegitimate child...
they're all legitimate, although some of them might have illegitimate
parents.  :-P  I realize any further discussion of this issue belongs on
THFGT.