That's a red herring. We have seven home games now. Before the NCAA added an
extra game to the schedule, Foley always said we must have six home games a
year to make a profit. Now we have added another game and he uses the same
argument about needing seven home games a year. If we made a large profit with
six home games, and we did, then we would make a larger profit with 6.5 home
games a year. Of course, we make even more with seven, but the point is that we
were already past the number of home games we 'needed' before.

However many or few games we have, and no matter how financially sound we are,
Foley is always going to put making another dollar above the fans' enjoyment of
the sport itself. (See discussion of early home games at noon.) If the NCAA
added two more games a year, Foley would rush out and schedule two more
patsies, and he'd say we 'must' have nine home games a year.

I know money is important to all our athletic programs (though it didn't save
the wrestling team), but it begs the question... are the sports there to earn
money, or is the money earned to support the sports?

Rob

Sent from my iPhone

Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us