Brian White
Running Backs
Coaching Experience

2009- Present   Florida (Tight Ends Coach)
2008    Washington (Special Teams Coordinator/Tight Ends)
2006-07 Syracuse (Quarterbacks)
1999-06 Wisconsin (Offensive Coordinator/Running Backs)
1995-98 Wisconsin (Running Backs)
1994    UNLV (Passing Game Coordinator/Wide Receivers)
1993    Nevada (Wide Receivers)
1991-92 UNLV (Running Backs)
1990    UNLV (Quarterbacks)
1988-89 Notre Dame (Graduate Assistant)
1986-87 Fordham (Graduate Assistant)
Coaching Accomplishments

A 24-year coaching veteran and 2004 winner of the American Football Coaches
Association (AFCA) Division I Assistant Coach of the Year. Has coached in 13
bowl games and served on coaching staffs that have won a national title and two
league championships.
In his first year at Florida, guided 2009 John Mackey Award winner Aaron
Hernandez, who became the first Gator and first player from the SEC to receive
the honor bestowed to the nation's top tight end. Hernandez's 68 receptions in
2009 ranked first among the nation's tight ends and set a new UF single-season
record for tight ends.
During his 11-year tenure at Wisconsin, mentored 1999 Heisman Trophy winner Ron
Dayne, 2001 NFL first-round draft choice Michael Bennett, 2001 Big Ten Freshman
of the Year Anthony Davis and 2006 Capital One Bowl Most Valuable Player Brian
Calhoun.
In his first year as offensive coordinator in 1999, the Badgers set a school
record and finished 10th nationally in scoring. The next season, Bennett was
the third-leading rusher in Division I-A and had a school-record six 200-yard
passing games.
Coached Wisconsin in the 2006 Capital One Bowl, which the Badgers captured with
a 24-10 win over No. 7 Auburn.
In 2004, White was named the AFCA Division I Assistant Coach of the Year while
at Wisconsin.
In 2001, UW quarterbacks Brooks Bollinger and Jim Sorgi each threw for more
than 1,000 yards, while Davis was fifth in the nation in rushing and wide
receiver Lee Evans set the Big Ten record for receiving yards in a season.
During each of his first eight years, White helped the Badgers produce a
1,000-yard rusher.
He served as the running backs' coach during the Badgers' 1998 Big Ten
championship season and was the offensive coordinator the next year when UW
repeated as Big Ten champions.
Was the passing game coordinator and wide receivers' coach for UNLV in 1994
when the Rebels owned the nation's 14th-best passing offense (265 yards per
game).
In 1993 during his stint at Nevada-Reno, the Wolf Pack led the nation in total
offense (582.7 yards per game) and passing offense (401 yards per game).
Was a graduate assistant for the 1988 Notre Dame team that won the National
Championship.
Prominent Players Coached
Florida:

TE AARON HERNANDEZ: A Sporting News and AP First-Team All-American who was also
named the 2009 Walter Camp Connecticut Player of the Year. In 2009, he led the
SEC in receptions (68), receiving yards (850) and average yards per game
(60.7). Won the 2009 John Mackey Award.
Wisconsin:

QB BROOKS BOLLINGER - Wisconsin quarterback who threw for more than 1,000 yards
in 2001, while fellow colleague QB JIM SORGI additionally threw for more then
1,000 yards in the same season.
WR LEE EVANS - Set the Big Ten record for receiving yards in 2001, was a
first-team All-Big Ten team selection in 2001 and 2003.
RB ANTHONY DAVIS - Big Ten Freshman of the Year in 2006.
RB RON DAYNE - 1999 Heisman Trophy Winner that set an NCAA record for career
rushing yards. Dayne had 1,220 career carries and gained 1,863 yards as a
freshman, 1,421 as a sophomore, 1,325 as a junior, and 1,834 as a senior. He
finally broke the record in the final game of the 1999 season against Iowa.
Dayne ended his career with 6,397 rushing yards, eclipsing Ricky Williams'
(Texas) record.
NFL Players (Round Drafted)
RB Ron Dayne (1st ) - Wisconsin '00 - New York Giants
RB Michael Bennett (1st) - Wisconsin '01 - Minnesota Vikings
RB Anthony Davis (7th ) - Wisconsin '05 - Indianapolis Colts
RB Brian Calhoun (3rd) - Wisconsin '06 - Detroit Lions
WR Lee Evans (1st) - Wisconsin '04 - Buffalo Bills

Playing Career
Was a two-year letterman as starting quarterback for Harvard (1985-86).

Personal Information
Birthdate: July 2, 1964
Hometown: Haverhill, Mass.
Education: 1986 - Bachelor's Degree in History from Harvard University; 1987 -
Master's Degree in Communications from Fordham University; 1990 - Master's
Degree in Business Administration (Finance) from the University of Notre Dame
Family: Married to Salli White. Has one daughter, Cassidy, and one son, Jackson.

Bowl Games as a Coach
1989: Fiesta
1990: Orange
1994: Las Vegas