I was surprised we only hit the perimeter a few times with the running game-if
I'm remember. Why not try to stretch them out?

From: gatortalk@googlegroups.com [mailto:gatortalk@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Sandy Alonso
Sent: Monday, September 09, 2013 11:31 AM
To: gatortalk@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [gatortalk] Zook 2

I miss those fast starts under SOS too, Jay.

Charlie, I agree about these drives that seem to be chock full of converted 3rd
downs.  Once you get into the red zone, that philosophy becomes a big problem
because the field is shortened and it's much easier to defend the "three yards
and a cloud of dust" or a dink-and-dunk passing game.  As we all saw Saturday.
I just don't know what to think.  I never liked Zook, and Meyer always made me
uneasy somehow, even when we were winning.  I like Muschamp - a lot - and
really want him to succeed. I just don't know that he'll have a chance if this
season turns out poorly.  It really doesn't help our understanding of what's
going on now that they don't let the media into practices any more.  Are we
really just going to be that predictable and boring all year?  Is it because of
a coaching philosophy, a talent issue, or both?  Are they running more a more
aggressive offense in practice, or not?  Do they actually have a package for
Trey Burton in the Wildcat where he might actually throw the ball?

I am also concerned about the way they use Matt Jones (though it is early, and
one can argue he may not be 100% yet)  - the few times I saw him play for
Armwood, he was far more successful as a RB catching passes than being a
straight downhill runner.

On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 11:10 AM, C.Simpson