I remember seeing Murphy in a couple of O&B games and thought he looked pretty decent but he never got a chance in a real game. Considering the level of QB play we've had the last few years it makes you wonder.
Charlie

On 9/23/2013 12:32 PM, mail.bobparks.com wrote:
I am very happy with Tyler Murphy.
But, as Randy mentioned, it was against Tennessee that had such success. They are going to have a tough season at best.
I'm hoping for another Kerwin Bell here.
In the coaches defense they really don't know what a player will do in a game until he goes in.
Good luck in educating that boy, Darl.

Oliver Barry, CRS, GRI
Real Estate Broker
Bob Parks, LLC
1517 Hunt Club Blvd
Gallatin TN 37066
615-972-4239
615-826-4040
Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 23, 2013, at 10:46 AM, "Darlene Goodfellow" <goodfell...@earthlink.net <mailto:goodfell...@earthlink.net>> wrote:

As my husband says, coaches are stubborn and don’t like to admit they are wrong. We were actually having this discussion on the ride home, and it was a great opportunity for a history lesson with my mid-20s daughter and her domestic partner, who grew up in an Auburn household. He works for a former Gator player from the 60s, so he’s been soaking up all before their time history lessons. This week it was on Steve Spurrier getting the crap beat out of Danny by refusing to put him in the shotgun and how funny Jerri thought it was when he had to admit he was wrong. That led to a discussion of the 52-20 Sugar Bowl, “hitting to the echo of the whistle”, “rather be a live coward than a dead hero” and all sorts of other reasons to hate Bobby Bowden. By the time they get married, this boy is going to be a died-in-the-wool Gator! But back to the current QB situation, our coach and his assistants are not stupid, and I think they had a pretty good idea of Jeff’s limitations, and that Tyler knew what to do in practice. The only doubt, I think, is whether or not he was a gamer. Apparently, he is.

*From:*gatortalk@googlegroups.com <mailto:gatortalk@googlegroups.com> [mailto:gatortalk@googlegroups.com] *On Behalf Of *Rob Alexander
*Sent:* Monday, September 23, 2013 11:35 AM
*To:* gatortalk@googlegroups.com <mailto:gatortalk@googlegroups.com>
*Subject:* Re: [gatortalk] Re: [gatornews] [SUN]: Gators ready to move forward with Murphy

Well, of course it's BS. But Murphy is now the QB and it's the coach's job to build the confidence of Murphy and the team. I was actually impressed by how quickly CWM adapted to the loss of Jeff. I mean, walking off the field, telling the reporter that Jeff is out for the year and this fine young man is our starting QB and I have full confidence in him! Seriously, I'd have just wandered off the field mumbling 'oh sh&t... oh sh&t'... :-)

Of course it helps that Murphy did a really nice job under the circumstances. I'm pretty excited to see what he can do when he gets a few weeks of full reps under his belt.

Rob

Sent from my iPhone