I'm so tired - can't even spell my name right. J  That's what 5 and 10 year
old boys do to your brain.

Tracy

From: gatortalk@googlegroups.com [mailto:gatortalk@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Tracy Gill
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 9:14 PM
To: gatortalk@googlegroups.com
Subject: [gatortalk] RE: [gatornews] Mike Bianchi in the Sentinel

As requested by Oliver.

My family and I were at the Gator Gathering event Bianchi covered in
Orlando.  Coach Muschamp was optimistic but realistic, and he seemed full of
energy.  I was impressed that he seemed to speak off the cuff about the
entire roster with emphasis on the players from the local area.  It looked
like he was just working from perhaps a one page outline of the team roster
and talked about most players on the 2-3 deep depth chart.  He said they'd
be 100% committed to up-tempo offense and that they were working through how
to adapt that when it came time to kill clock at the end of a game.   He
said the defense needs to be ready to defend more plays too with the fast
tempo.  He spoke a bit about strength and conditioning and how they've
tweaked a few things to try to prevent injuries but tried not to overreact
because there were some previous conditions that drove some of the problems,
esp. with torn labrums.  He cheerfully dodged an audience question about the
team's take on crab legs in their training diet by smiling and saying, "Next
question..Seriously, next question."

He was asked about orange jerseys and said he liked them remembering his
experience attending UF games in the 80s.  But he understood that some
people didn't like being reminded of the 80s and probation.  There were four
players from the 80s sitting together and spoke up about how they didn't
appreciate hearing that about their time.  Daryl Perry and Tony Jones were
two of the four names.  Daryl is recovering from serious illness but is
getting around much better.  Bianchi had a nice article about Emmitt Smith
helping Daryl Perry a few years ago if you're interested.  Coach Muschamp
seemed to smooth that over, told them they were invited to be around anytime
they wanted, and then spent some time talking to that group of players when
he finished speaking.

He was very engaging during the autograph session and talked with me, my
wife, and my two boys.  In that respect, he was the anti-Meyer compared to
my experience with him when UMIII came to Orlando in 2009 - he didn't speak
and barely made eye contact with my son and me.  In short, Coach Boom is a
likable, hard-working guy who I hope can get things turned back in the right
direction this year.  He makes you want to pull for him to succeed.

Go Gators!

Tray