Yes!

I think most of the improvements were internal in the parts we don't see but
the athletes use everyday.  From a public perspective, it is all about the club
level and the new atrium.  Before the Odome had 4 entrances on each corner, now
there is one main entry.  It is nice, but not that nice...

Sent from my iPad

> On Jan 26, 2017, at 8:44 PM, Charles Simpson <imaga...@outlook.com> wrote:
>
> The thing that surprised me most was they didn't put any restrooms or
> concessions on the 200 level. It is quite a trek down to the main level.
>
> Charlie
>

>> On 1/26/2017 1:02 PM, Helen Huntley wrote:
>> I just thrilled about having a comfy seat.
>>
>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>>> On Jan 26, 2017, at 12:23 PM, John Vega <zebu...@gate.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> random notes.
>>>
>>> The UAA should ask for about half of its renovation budget back from
>>> Brasfield & Gorrie. Seatbacks in the arena, not much else. Concrete not
>>> sealed, stained, or even cleaned. Not quite the funk of forty thousand
>>> years on the floors, but close. Outside the bowl, metal support structures
>>> still have peeling paint and cobwebs.
>>>
>>> The money seems to have gone to a new atrium that looks about the same as
>>> the old one. Not sure why excavation was needed if this was the end goal.
>>>
>>> I assume some money went into the new “Champions Club,” that few fans will
>>> ever use.
>>>
>>> Nice that the band was back in the student section. Now to get the flute
>>> player back on the court for the solo in “You Can Call Me Al.”
>>>
>>> I have a Nikon camera, I like to take a photograph. Except that I was
>>> turned away by the police at the O’Dome, as it had a detachable lens. I
>>> looked up the UAA policy on cameras, and the detachable lens requirement
>>> only applies to lenses over 6 inches in length. I wish that I had know the
>>> 6 inch requirement. I would have offered the officer a visual aid.
>>>
>>> Burrito Brothers is on life support. It may be gone sooner rather than
>>> later. If you are in Gainesville, be sure to stop by if you can. No signage
>>> or frontage on a main street seems to have killed it. Just around the
>>> corner, there was a line for Chipotle. Go figure.
>>>
>>> Gainesville has a couple good microbreweries. First Magnitude Brewing makes
>>> a blonde ale called “Vega.” I assume that - like Las Vegas - it was named
>>> after me. It has a tap room on Main, with over dozen microbrews on tap.
>>>
>>> I had some of the best BBQ beef at Adam’s Rib. It is one of the old Joe’s
>>> Delis. The one next to the Arby’s with the big hat sign on 13th over by
>>> Shands. Pork also good, but that’s a lot easier to make. The celing still
>>> has the murals from our 1984 season. The scores and opponents are depicted
>>> well. Look for the tie game against LSU.
>>>
>>> Adam's also - oddly - open for breakfast and surprisingly good. If you
>>> don’t want to wait in line at some fancy breakfast place on a Saturday
>>> morning, it is the place to go.
>>>
>>> -Zeb
>>>
>>> --
>>> --
>>> GATORS: ONE VOICE ON SATURDAY - NO VOICE ON SUNDAY!
>>> 1996 National Football Champions   |  2006 National Basketball Champions
>>> 2006 National Football Champions   |   2007 National Basketball Champions
>>> 2008 National Football Champions   |   Three Heisman Trophy winners: Steve