We don't know what his fee arrangement is with any client. Perhaps a player
seeing his multimillion dollar NFL career tank agrees to a deferred fee
arrangement with the attorney who is going to save him. Since he couldn't take
a gift that isn't offered to all students without it being an NCAA violation
(i.e. pro bono representation), I imagine that all athletes he represents 'owe'
him his fee and he just doesn't pursue its collection for awhile. I am just
speculating, of course, but I don't see that free legal services are any
different than free shoes for athletes, so there must be some fee generated.

As to the size of the fee, if UF agreed that they owed a fee, but thought the
amount was inflated, they could always let a judge determine the amount. I
imagine, though, that UF would go to the mat over owing anyone's fee. They are
required by federal law to pursue these cases, and no one is required to hire
an attorney to move through the process. If they accepted owing the students'
fees in one case, that's a genie they could never put back in the bottle.

Rob

Sent from my iPhone