As exciting as the volleyball game was, this was even more so.
I sat down to watch while we were down 2-1. In a few minutes we scored to tie
it. Then, a freshman gave us the go ahead goal.
The last 8 minutes were spent fending off desperate Stanford attacks at our
goal.  A real nail biter!

Oliver Barry CRS, GRI
Real Estate Broker
PARKS Real Estate Services
305 B Indian Lake Blvd
Suite 220
Hendersonville TN 37075
Office: 615-826-4040
Mobile: 615-972-4239
bar...@realtracs.com

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Shane Ford <goufgator...@gmail.com>
> Date: August 26, 2017 at 8:49:09 AM CDT
> To: GatorNews <gatorn...@googlegroups.com>
> Subject: [gatornews] [SUN]:  Florida stuns No. 1 Stanford
>
> Florida stuns No. 1 Stanford
> By Graham Hall (Gainesville SUN)- August 25, 20170205
>

> Florida players celebrate with Gators midfielder Samantha Chung (2) after she
> scored for Florida against top-ranked Stanford, at Donald R. Dizney Stadium
> on the UF campus, in Gainesville. The Gators beat Stanford 3-2 to upset the
> Cardinal. [Brad McClenny/The Gainesville Sun]
>
> Facing the nation’s No. 1 team in Stanford, the Gators faced pressure early
> and consistently from an opponent who has flustered Florida in the five
> previous match-ups between the two programs.
> And after pulling even twice, Florida junior midfielder Lais Araujo would
> provide the strike that put the Gators in front for good.
> Araujo’s shot in the 82nd minute narrowly beat Stanford goalkeeper Alison
> Jahansouz, giving the Florida soccer team a 3-2 victory over the Cardinal on
> Friday night at Donald R. Dizney Stadium.
>
> “In the second half, they were really tired, and I think we knew we could
> start to press them and really pressure their back line,” Gators redshirt
> senior Gabby Seiler said. “There’s something about this team, we just bounce
> back. Any time we go through any sort of adversity, we respond.”
>
> The Gators, who opened the season with wins over Troy and Florida Atlantic,
> faced continuous pressure from the opening minutes from a Cardinal team
> looking to force UF’s upperclassmen-heavy defense into some uncharacteristic
> mistakes. The strategy worked as Stanford (2-1-0) forward Catarina Macario
> got the scoring underway after a shot rebounded off Gators goalkeeper Susi
> Espinoza.
>
> Florida (3-0-0) managed to regain momentum heading into halftime when Madison
> Alexander found Samantha Chung across the box and the score pulled the Gators
> even at the interim with her first goal of the season.
>
> UF soccer
>
> Who: Syracuse (2-0-1) vs. No. 8 Florida (3-0)
>
> When: 7 p.m. Sunday
>
> Where: Dizney Stadium
>
> “It was very crucial,” Chung said on scoring before halftime. “I think we did
> a really good job of working together the entire game.”
>
> As the second half got underway, the Cardinal once again pressured Florida’s
> backline from the kick-off. After a series of shots in quick succession,
> Stanford pulled in front once again on a goal from Beattie Goad, her first of
> the season. Barring a late surge, it appeared the Gators would once again
> come up short against the Cardinal. But as the final quarter of an hour
> arrived, Stanford’s energy and intensity began to fade, allowing Florida’s
> offense an opportunity to turn the tide of the game.
>
> UF junior Mayra Pelayo would find Seiler in front of the goal with just
> enough space to pull Florida even in the 78th minute, setting the Gators up
> [...]

(1966), Danny Wuerffel (1996), Tim Tebow (2007)