> On Nov 22, 2017, at 11:10 AM, Jay Cicone <jay.cic...@raymondjames.com> wrote:
>
> So…he’s torn over the $5 million? I guess I could wait a few days, in that
> instance.

It seems like it is $6 million.

-Zeb

Florida evidently has zeroed in on Chip Kelly as its next coach – hey, a
university president doesn’t get on a plane to simply vet a candidate
<http://gridironnow.com/reports-florida-officials-discuss-job-chip-kelly/> –
and GN contributor Buddy Martin says a possible hold-up in the negotiations
between the school and Kelly could be his contract with the San Francisco 49ers.

On the “Buddy Martin Show” on Facebook on Tuesday, Martin and sports agent
Darren Heitner discussed likely offset provisions in Kelly’s contract with the
49ers, who fired him after the 2016 season. For instance, if Kelly is owed $6
million from the 49ers for this year, any salary he makes elsewhere – like with
ESPN, for whom he works as an analyst this season – would be subtracted from
the 49ers’ money.

Martin said he has heard enough from sources to think Florida is on track to
hire Kelly “if he doesn’t get cold feet.”
Martin also said, “If Kelly can become the Florida coach on Sunday without
losing money from his contract with the 49ers … I believe there’s a good chance
Florida will close that deal.”

(1966), Danny Wuerffel (1996), Tim Tebow (2007)