I would not have read this if I had known it was about Doug Dickey.
He set the program back during his term. (Understatement, I know!)

Oliver Barry CRS, GRI
Real Estate Broker
PARKS Real Estate Services
305 B Indian Lake Blvd
Suite 220
Hendersonville TN 37075
Office: 615-826-4040
Mobile: 615-972-4239
bar...@realtracs.com

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Shane Ford <goufgator...@gmail.com>
> Date: May 11, 2018 at 8:08:01 AM CDT
> To: GatorNews <gatorn...@googlegroups.com>
> Subject: [gatornews] [SUN]:  Daily Football Fix: UF team with most NFL draft
> picks?
>
> Daily Football Fix: UF team with most NFL draft picks?
> By Pat Dooley (Gainesville Sun) - May 10, 20186313
> There have been a lot of great teams in the history of Florida football. We
> know about the champions. We know about the statues. Check out the
> credentials for this team, one I talked about briefly on the Dooley Noted
> podcast last week:
>
> Beat Miami, Tennessee and Georgia.
> Had the most players drafted into the NFL of any Gator team ever.
> Had two of the greatest receivers in the history of the school, players who
> probably would be in the Ring of Honor if not for the restrictive
> requirements,
> Recorded the longest play in the history of the school.
> Had a backfield with its own nickname.
> The year was 1977 and it was not one of the great teams in UF history. Not
> even close.
>
> Oh, the talent was there. The Gators had the “woosh-bone” backfield that got
> its name because it was the fastest in the country.
>
> But it was the beginning of the end of the Doug Dickey Era. Beset by internal
> strife on the team and conflicts between the Gator coaches and players, UF
> underachieved to the tune of a 6-4-1 record, 3-3 in the SEC.
>
> But there was a 99-yard touchdown pass from Cris Collinsworth to Derrick
> Gaffney. Yes, Collinsworth wasted most of the year at quarterback and
> finished it off, believe it or not, at safety (it wasn’t pretty).
>
> And there was the amazing Wes Chandler, who won the Georgia game almost
> single-handedly with three touchdowns when Dickey put him at tailback to make
> sure he got the ball.
>
> And there were 10 draft choices (there were 14 rounds then), the most for UF.
>
> A year later, Dickey scrapped the wishbone offense, hired Steve Spurrier as
> an offensive coach … and got fired. Dickey’s legacy at Florida is one of a
> guy who could bring in great players, but struggled to get everyone on the
> same page.

> Sent From Shane's iPhone
> Go Gators!   &   Skål Vikes!
> 1996 National Football Champions | 2006 National Basketball Champions 2006
> National Football Champions | 2007 National Basketball Champions 2008
> National Football Champions |
> Tim Tebow (2007)
> ---
> "GatorNews" group.
> email to gatornews+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.

(1966), Danny Wuerffel (1996), Tim Tebow (2007)