Jordan Matthews’ hit was probably the play of the year for all of Gator sports.

Oliver Barry CRS, GRI
Real Estate Broker
PARKS Real Estate Services
305 B Indian Lake Blvd
Suite 220
Hendersonville TN 37075
Office: 615-826-4040
Mobile: 615-972-4239
bar...@realtracs.com

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Shane Ford <goufgator...@gmail.com>
> Date: May 27, 2018 at 10:23:41 AM CDT
> To: GatorNews <gatorn...@googlegroups.com>
> Subject: [gatornews] [SUN]:  EPIC WIN: Matthews-led Gators advance to WCWS
>
> EPIC WIN: Matthews-led Gators advance to WCWS
> By gatorsports (Gainesville Sun) - May 26, 201826356
>
> The Gators celebrate their 5-3 win Saturday over Texas A&M in the NCAA Super
> Regional at Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium. The series was split going into
> the third game in the series. The Gators will head back to the Women's
> College World Series for the ninth time in the program's history. [Cyndi
> Chambers/Correspondent]
> In the white noise of the moment, Tim Walton never saw it go out. He was busy
> trying to get the winning run home with a windmill wave because he was
> assuming that — like so many balls Florida hit this weekend — it would smack
> off the wall.
>
> But he forgot something important — one ounce.
>
> The ounce he added to Jordan Matthews’ 34-inch bat Saturday to give her some
> extra pop.
>
> “It was the first time all season she swung the bat she used in high school,”
> he said. “But she deserves all the credit.”
>
> Matthews, a freshman, drilled a three-run homer to left-center in the bottom
> of the seventh that gave Florida a 5-3 win to bring a dramatic end to a
> dramatic series.
>
> The homer, Matthews’ fifth of the season, landed somewhere in Oklahoma City
> where Florida will play next in the Women’s College World Series.
>
> “I was just trying to score Amanda (Lorenz from second), really,” Matthews
> said. “Tring to hit it hard in a gap. I knew it was out. I was just embracing
> the moment.”
>
> Matthews’ walk-off, on the last pitch before Katie Seashole Pressly is
> renovated, came on a 2-2 pitch after she fouled off a pair of strikes. She
> had been using a 24-ounce bat because of missing the entire fall after
> tearing an ACL in high school and losing some of her lower body strength.
>
> In fact, Walton shared a story about a Facetime call with Matthews’ mother
> Nadia Martinez before the season when mom wondered if her daughter would even
> play this year because of her injury.
>
> “I hope she plays every game,” Walton said at the time.
>
> She has at least two more as second-seeded Florida (55-9) advances to the
> WCWS for the ninth time and will face seventh-seeded Georgia in the first
> game at 7 p.m. Thursday (ESPN2).
>
> The home run was the climax to a game with more layers than the royal wedding
> cake.
>
> This is how crazy it was — Florida’s ace pitcher gave up more hits than she
> has in a game all season and the winning pitcher gave up what looked like a
> soul-crushing homer in the top of the seventh. Oh, and Florida had two
> runners thrown out at the plate and the winning coach was ripping his own
> decision about pitching before anyone could Tweet him about it.

> [...]

(1966), Danny Wuerffel (1996), Tim Tebow (2007)