She’s 6 feet 3 inches tall, and a freshman. What are they feeding these kids?

Oliver Barry CRS, GRI
Real Estate Broker
PARKS Real Estate Services
305 B Indian Lake Blvd
Suite 220
Hendersonville TN 37075
Office: 615-826-4040
Mobile: 615-972-4239
bar...@realtracs.com

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Shane Ford <goufgator...@gmail.com>
> Date: July 9, 2018 at 9:20:52 AM CDT
> To: GatorNews <gatorn...@googlegroups.com>
> Subject: [gatornews] [SUN]:  UF volleyball program reloads with six new
> players
>
> UF volleyball program reloads with six new players
> By gatorsports (Gainesville Sun ) - July 9, 2018171
>
> Florida volleyball coach Mary Wise is reloading her successful program. [Brad
> McClenny/Staff photographer]
> By Mari Faiello, Gainesville Sun Correspondent
>
> Surreal.
>
> It’s the first feeling 18-year-old freshman Thayer Hall could remember as she
> stretched out for practice seven months ago in the Gale Lemerand Athletic
> Center. It was Florida volleyball’s first practice of the spring season.
>
> In eighth grade, the Spartanburg, South Carolina, native stepped on the
> University of Florida’s campus for the first time, knowing immediately she
> had found the right place to live out what could be the last four years of
> her volleyball career.
>
> “I felt like my heart was always here,” Hall said. “As soon as I committed,
> volleyball was just fun again. I didn’t have to impress anyone, there were no
> jitters about who was watching because I knew where I was going to be.”
>
> The 6-foot-3 outside hitter started practicing with the team in January
> alongside Lauren Dooley, a 17-year-old freshman from Plano, Texas.
>
> The two agreed that starting in the spring was the best choice they could
> have made, giving them time to adjust before heading into the fall season
> full swing.
>
> In the spring season, the team breaks down skills at a slower pace, focusing
> more on the training at hand instead of the matches ahead.
>
> When the duo isn’t in class or the gym, they enjoy their own personal
> hobbies. Hall, an artist, enjoys painting using acrylics and oils. Dooley
> usually gets lost in the words of a book.
>
> But the key to remain within themselves and not lose focus on the things a
> typical freshman student-athlete would worry about is simple: taking
> full-advantage of the opportunities given.
>
> “I know where my talents come from,” Hall said. “They’re not mine, and any
> given moment that can be taken away from me. I’m expecting to do whatever I
> can to put the team in the best possible situation.”
>
> It’s still fresh in the team’s mind. That moment on Dec. 16, 2017, when
> Nebraska took home its fifth title in Kansas City, Missouri, after a four-set
> match.
>
> That moment will come back in a little over a month when Florida travels to
> Lincoln, Nebraska, and watches the Cornhuskers hang their fifth title banner
> right before the Gators’ first match of the 2018 season.
>
> But for now, it’s a new team. A new season. A new opportunity.
>
> And as coach Mary Wise says, they’ll just have to trust the process.
>
> “We’re in new territory,” Wise said. “We’ve never graduated four
> All-Americans.”

> [...]

(1966), Danny Wuerffel (1996), Tim Tebow (2007)