O this is tiresome,

Poor little Swapan Das Gupta is sort of going down the same track.
Homosexualsand pedophilia, homosexuals and promiscuity and, now, of
course, how we'respreading our network using government funding. I
find the third the mostintriguing as Swapan and i have done quite a
bit of shadow boxing on the subjects. If the RSS can use government
funds for its Ekalvaya Schools andShikshan Abhiyan, if the CPM can
use it to spread out into the Panchayatas and subvert them for the
landless farmers' causes, I see no reason why marginalised
homosexuals/lesbians need to be chary about using government funds
to mainstream their community work.

I've said it a hundred times and I'm saying in now -- we are as much
equalcitizens of this country as others and we have a right to
access every facilitiy available to others as a matter of intrinsic
basic right to health and happiness.

What is very interesting is Swapan Das echoes the same views as
those of the Left which says HIV/AIDS work is the battleground of
ideology, especially of the "decadent West" (read USA here). I've
heard activists in Bangalore saying that "too much emphasis is being
laid on HIV/AIDS activism" and that we need to work in other fields.

Well this may be a matter of thinking strategy but even the
assault on Secxtion 377 is being launched from the need to
facilitate HIV/AIDS work and takes a combined human rights issue
married to HIV/AIDS activism.

Swapan Das, of course, is typical of the intellectuals who started
from the far Left (he was a Trotskyite at Oxbridge) and then got
converted to the Sanghphilosophy. Leftists when they fall in India,
fall on the far Right, which speaks volumes for the authoritarian
mindset of the Indian political class, but it's more than that.

When a man talks of moral values and moves heaven and earth to get
the SMS messages by his wife to her lover then we know what morality
he's taking about,when a man wages a war with his own office
colleague for having seduced his wife willingly, we are then made to
suffer the wages of marital discord in the name of "moral values".

Such is low trough that intellectualism has fallen into in
our beloved Bharat!There is so much dirt here that it would take me
a drum of digging it out (actuallhy not because I know most of these
fellows like the back of my hand).

I have a good mind to use my poison pen to demolish this ass but
then a higher duty calls. As it is the canibalism has started with
opposing sides using the Pushkin murders to settle scores (a Pioneer
story makes no bones about "a certain drop-in centre in south Delhi
being used for picking up men"), friends have been questioned for no
reason at all, The India Today story says my poor friend Uffe
Gartner is "avoiding police interrogation" when all he's doing is
licking his wounds at not having his UNDP contract renewed again and
trying to find another job to return to an India he loves, certain
activists are even tattling on their own colleagues, which is what
my police sources in Delhi and Mumbai are reporting with glee (and i
have to report with sorrow).

In any case, let's all gird for battle. We've been asked to wage a
war that's not of our making, with false accusations against a
gentle and dignified gay man murdered in the most brutal manner. His
parents are not even being allowed some respite in mourning their
dead child in a respectiful manner. And we hopeless gay men are not
even presenting a united front.Well, it's a call to arms and we all
need to gear up and fight this together.

Because as that other hackneeyed saying goes -- if we don't hang
together, we'll hang separately.

Ashok Row Kavi

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/WfTolB/TM

NEW CLASSIFIEDS SECTION
SEEKING FRIENDS? VISIT
www.gaybombay.info
click on classified section and type your message in the post section once the link
opens

What's hot? What's not? Where are the LGBT parties being held and when? Click here!!

http://calendar.yahoo.com/YYY,04497/srt,0/gaybombaygroup/?v=42&POS=