Thanks for the further explanations Rahul. Hopefully things will begin to change in
India also. Now with the spread of web knowledge, books and movies, maybe some will
start to understand more. Some also will begin to fight harder to preserve old ways
though.

One important thing to realize though, is almost all that you see in Movies, on the
web and books, etc. is usually the views and experience of folks in New York and Los
Angeles. Still today, in the small towns of America, it's the same way- where folks
cannot come out safely. That's why many go to the big cities, then come out, then tell
the folks back home. This helps to open the eyes of the folks back home and start the
changes. But the person coming out has to leave the family for this to happen this
way.

I've learned that separation from the family in India is horribly difficult. It's just
been over the last 30 years in the USA that big changes have been made and most
started from folks going through the traumatic separation and sharing their stories
with the folks left back home. Knowing someone who lives openly as gay or bi helps
family members and friends not be afraid of "those kinds of people" and to stop
judging people badly just because they are gay or bi.

I saw a Desi movie on this topic recently called "A Touch of Pink". See it if you can.
It's about a Desi guy living in London. He has an english lover and his family in
Toronto wants him to come home for his cousin's wedding. He hides his relationship
from his mother. She even visits in London and he lies to her about his boyfriend.
This hurts the english boyfriend deeply. In the end there are many revelations about
what the families already knew and how they kept it hidden. There is a lot more to it
than that, I just didn't want to spoil the movie for you.

I just wanted to share my view on the other side of the world. I love learning how
other cultures work also.

I wish you the best. A happy life and lots of love and good sex.

Kyle
San Francisco

khanna rahul wrote:

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/WfTolB/TM

NEW CLASSIFIEDS SECTION
SEEKING FRIENDS? VISIT
www.gaybombay.info
click on classified section and type your message in the post section once the link
opens

What's hot? What's not? Where are the LGBT parties being held and when? Click here!!

http://calendar.yahoo.com/YYY,04497/srt,0/gaybombaygroup/?v=42&POS=
Post:-  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Groups Homepage:-  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gay_bombay
Unsubscribe:-  [EMAIL PROTECTED]