Ravi:

You are right in saying that the situtation that you
face now is one that many has faced already; many
would too.

My take:

1. Do you have siblings? If you do, come out to them,
and make them understand that your life it is, and not
someone else's.

2. Are your parents dependent on you? I mean
financially? If they are not, you should be in a
position to move out of the city you are in and lead
your life the way you want.

3. What are the reasons your parents quote for the
desperate search for a wife for you? The concern for
your life? Your career? Your happiness? Your
well-being?

I am afraid it is none of the above. It is THEIR
happiness, concern for THEIR life ahead, worries of
THEIR well being, THEIR social status, peer pressure
to have the most ostentatious wedding among THEIR
peers...

Believe me, it is true.

My experience has been that whenever my parents
brought up the question of marriage, I asked them what
their reasons are. They honestly protest that they
want to see me a 'complete' man, socially acceptable,
and all that jazz. I told them the way that I am is
the way I want (without telling them that I am gay;
just told them that I am NOT going to get marrried),
and anything forced upon me would only make me have a
worse life than they can imagine.

Is it what they want? Do they want to make their child
an unhappy man? Certainly not. I tell them that I have
reasons not to get married; my dad seems to understand
what it is.

And yes, I am out to my siblings; not that they are
all excited abt it, but plain indifferent.

May be my staying out of home for the last 18 years or
so helps; or may be that is the very reason. And I DO
love my parents and my family, no questions on it.
Just that I make them realise that as a son it is not
for me to live a life they want me to, but as an
individual it is for ME to decide what I want.

I think I would sum up the whole thing: Love your
parents, convince tehm that you do love them, support
them, BUT make clear in no uncertain terms that YOU
have a life of your own, and it is NOT their RIGHT to
decide what is good for you.

I am sure you will find more encouraging responses
from ppl out here. Go ahead in life. All the very
best!

Benny

PS: Read the sig line! :)

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be
loved for something you are not.

- Andre Gide.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/WfTolB/TM

NEW CLASSIFIEDS SECTION
SEEKING FRIENDS? VISIT
www.gaybombay.info
click on classified section and type your message in the post section once the link
opens

What's hot? What's not? Where are the LGBT parties being held and when? Click here!!

http://calendar.yahoo.com/YYY,04497/srt,0/gaybombaygroup/?v=42&POS=
Post:-  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Groups Homepage:-  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gay_bombay
Unsubscribe:-  [EMAIL PROTECTED]