MS Subbulaxmi was my favourite singer too. She was
very versatile and she sang some bengali Rabindra
snageet too.

What makes me sad that such a singer who
has gone to yester years, didnt even find a full
coverage in the newspapers. There was just a small
article on her.

I wait for the time when we will learn to respect and
love our heritage and feel proud of what we are....
and not because it is recognised by the western
society.
Somu
--------------

somu

while i agree with  your sentiments on M.S, i do not agree that newspapers on
Sundaydid not give the attention it should have. please understand that her
death was late in the night, almost midnight . by then , most papers have been
put to press, especially sunday editions. the indian express had an article on
second page with a small blurb on page one

yes, we could do with more MS articles. the electronic media  today was very
skcetchy about M.S's passing away.  zee news had a so called insider report on
DPS school sex scandal.

the trend to tittilate and  print rubbish on page one is  something that is
very obviousin newspapers across india, with rare exceptions.

but then, sometimes, i wonder who are we to judge that after all? if the
readers want ro read such stufft so be it. if the  majority readers want bombay
times and delhi times and not the main paper, so be it.

someo would naturally ask, whether the reader really want that?

may be the papers will make amends  on M.S tommmorrow. may be.

regards

moderator

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/WfTolB/TM

NEW CLASSIFIEDS SECTION
SEEKING FRIENDS? VISIT
www.gaybombay.info
click on classified section and type your message in the post section once the
link opens

This message was posted to the gay_bombay Yahoo! Group. Responses to messages
(by clicking "Reply") will also be posted on the eGroup and sent to all
members. If you'd like to respond privately to the author of any message then
please compose and send a new email message to the author's email address.

For Parties and evenets go to:
http://calendar.yahoo.com/YYY,04497/srt,0/gaybombaygroup/?v=42&POS=
Post:-  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Archives are at