In a message dated 10/10/2005 12:35:10 P.M. Mountain Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Ethan

I do not know how much of the Third World countries
you've seen, but if you're new then I suggest you
begin your India visit from the South.  Take a flight
to Bangalore, explore Kerala, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu
and Andhra and work your way up to Goa, Mumbai and
then the (dirty) North Indian parts.  This way the
culture shock won't be such a rude one!  Southern
India is cleaner, more literate and intellectually
more advanced than the North (no offense, North
Indians).  And I include Maharashtra in Southern India
as I write this just to make it easier for you.

Cheers
Adrian
Adrian -

I notice continually that Kolkata...the intellectual capital of India...is frequently confused by other Indians as being a part of Bangladesh or East Pakistan..

If Ethan is a forward thinking LBGT from San Francisco...as I...in 1969... a child of the vastly successful northeastern region of USA of that time...who against all the desires of my friends and family...decided to move to the San Francisco bay area...to attend the University of California at Berkeley...which at that time was the capital of Free Speech, Equal Rights and Counter Culturalism...then I would recommend Kolkata...the Indian capital of counter culturalism..

you will not find an Oakland Bay and a Golden Gate...but you will find two historic Hoogly river bridges...you will not find the Tenderloin but you will find the largest purely sexworker dominated districts i have known - see 'Born in a Bordello' the US oscar winning documentary produced by Indians and Americans that the Indian board of censorship has not permitted screening in India( from what Indian actors and producers have told me)..

And look at Kolkata as the sick SF or Philadelphia of 1969...and in 35 years seek out my burial spot and leave the petals of a yellow rose sprinkled on it after burying a 2005 quarter at my feet...to thank me for showing you the future...not the transient present...in India..

Elizabeth

Love..

This message was posted to the gay_bombay Yahoo! Group. Responses to messages (by clicking "Reply") will also be posted on the eGroup and sent to all members. If you'd like to respond privately to the author of any message then please compose and send a new email message to the author's email address.

Post:-  gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com
Contact Us:-  [EMAIL PROTECTED]