Dear Aditya,

During my growing up i had spend a very intresting time with my Maternal Grandfather in a small village in Souther india.

He had this profound theory that , the victories armies always write the history and in view of the Theory of Aryans invasion and thus establishment of the Hindu religion.

The Haddapa and Sindhu Valley cililaziations where the original Indian's and the Drividian inhabitated the larger plation from todays Maharastra to down south ( this explains the similarities of the Andaman natives the Africans and other original races on planet ).

The Ramayana is nothign but the justification of Aryans for the war with other original inhabitant.

If aryan came from North Via Punjab or North-western Porvience and slowly occupied the Ganag plains, then the inevitabel struggle came for the Forests.

The Natives being the typical Indian we are accomodated and didnt bother much with the Aryans but the Independent Tribals when found their forests encroched fought back in their own tactits of scaring the Rishi in ashrams.

The Rakshasha's are none but the tribals who due to close Knitted groups and clans and staying in thick forest  fought to save their forest from the occupiers.

Ramayan is nothign but the ultimate clash of both civilization and the victory of Ram is the establisment of supremacy of the Aryan led Hundu way of life on the free way of the natives.

Vibhasin being cleaver and reading the situation sided with the Strong Aryan and thus establisment of the Aryan Values in Shrilanka.

You can read a very intrestign book by Rahul Sankrutiyayan " Volga se ganag Tak", which is in Hindi and tells a facinating late of the Aryans journey from the Central asia to the Ganag Belt.

The free-Life to the Hundu way of life, the srtuggle and the establishment of communities.

Much more to what looks to us in the history books. But yes true that this will only create friction in the nation state what we have.

Luv

Ajay

Aditya Bondyopadhyay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Dear Forum,

A few years back I read a very interesting book by David Frawley on this
topic which was extremely fascinating. I am afraid I do not remember the
name of the book but only the name of the author. But there are certain
questions that this theory raised in my mind, stemming mostly from my
reading of Hindu scriptures. For example, the thory does not exactly explain
the distinction made in ancient texts like the Ramayana between Aryapurtras
and 'others' like dasas, dasyus, and rakshasas, clearly distinctive races
from the Aryans, geographically located mostly in the south of the
subcontinent and in Singhal [modern Sri Lanka]. However what is worrying is
that today this theory has been appropriated by Hindu supremacists like the
VHP and BJP ideologues to explain many of their hate mongering. While the
Aryan invasion theory had its racist pitfalls, so does the counter-theory
that is being propounded today.

Aditya Bondyopadhyay

This message was posted to the gay_bombay Yahoo! Group. Responses to messages (by clicking "Reply") will also be posted on the eGroup and sent to all members. If you'd like to respond privately to the author of any message then please compose and send a new email message to the author's email address.

Post:-  gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com
Contact Us:-  [EMAIL PROTECTED]