Somu,
I am afraid that we are already like a call-cetre Hire/Fire since decades in the
unorganised, small scale and farm sectors. Nobody ever talks about them in the
media and they are not in the news.

The well heeled are the only ones talked about, supported by the politicians for
their ability to hold society at ransom and given coverage by the media.This
group once hired can never be fired whether they work or not for their salaries.
So the hire and fire is not applicable to this group. Once hired no one can
fire. In my opinion this group requires remedy badly.

And therein lies the inequality.

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On Fri, 10 Mar 2006, maiaurmerasaya ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> Yes Mr Mehta, I know what you talkin' about. But then who am I to judge who is
to be allowd and who's
> not? If there is a right, its got to be same for everyone...well-heeled or not
so well-heeled.

>   But the bottomline is that it will be a VERY sad day for all of us if and
when our country starts
> functioning like call centres...with a corporate autocracy..."WE will hire you
and fire you anytime
> that WE like ....and you will never have a say??
>

> Karna Mehta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>   Somu says........"And so let there be more protests&#8230;more taking to the
> streets&#8230;.more voices to say &#8220;I don&#8217;t agree&#8221; or in
better
> words &#8220;Civil Disobedience&#8221;? As that&#8217;s the only way to
change."

> What you say is frightening,,,,,,,,
> The protests and taking to the streets will be done by the really well heeled
> Indians....govt. employees, railway employees, nationalised bank employees,
> state electricity boards employees, the muncipal employees .....etc. We are
well
> aware of these groups.
> It is rarely that we come across a genuine protest that deserves taking to the
> streets.....so I would be careful of an across the board advise on protests.
The